McDonald’s Stock Price – MCD Price Today, History, Prediction
If so many investors are betting on the McDonald’s stock price, it is not only because it’s among the world’s best-known brands, but also because the MCD stock has many strengths. In this article, we will focus on the price of McDonald’s stock, its chart, its history and forecasts. We will introduce you to an online broker that we think is ideal for betting on the McDonald’s corporation stock price.
McDonald’s Stock Price Chart Today
Overview of McDonald’s Stock Price
As a restaurant stock whose earnings largely depend on the number of people who visit its restaurants, McDonald’s has been hit very hard by the covid-19 pandemic. However, after bottoming out at around $125 in March 2020, the price of McDonald’s shares followed a powerful upward trend, which it is still in today.
Indeed, McDonald’s stock price reached a new all-time high of $257 in November 2021, having more than doubled in value in a year and a half, and the uptrend shows no sign of abating at the moment. In addition, the McDonald’s stock price chart identify several major supports that should limit the downside in the event of a correction.
McDonald’s Stock Price History
In this section, we will look at the history of McDonald’s stock price and the various transactions, such as stock splits that have taken place since the IPO.
McDonald’s Stock Price Historical Trends
We can break down McDonald’s stock price history into several distinct phases.
From a low of around $8 in the early 1990s, McDonald’s stock soared to a peak of nearly $50 in November 1999, more than six times its value in less than 10 years. Following this initial record high, McDonald’s stock followed a correction of more than 2 years, reaching a low of $12 in March 2003.
McDonald’s stock price then again followed a robust upward trend for about a decade until it peaked at $100 in January 2012. The McDonald’s stock price has thus increased eightfold in less than 10 years. MCD stock price subsequently exhibited a sideways consolidation that ended in October 2015 with a break above $100.
Since then, McDonald’s stock price has been in an uptrend that has never been challenged. The covid-19 pandemic in 2020 did cause a sharp drop in McDonald’s stock price, but the losses were quickly made up for, and McDonald’s emerged stronger from this crisis, as we will see in the rest of this analysis.
McDonald’s Stock Price Splits
When a company wants to reduce the unit value of its shares, so that it does not appear too expensive to investors, it performs what is called a stock split. For example, for a stock worth $2,000, a 4-for-1 stock split will replace that stock with four new shares worth $500 each.
The McDonald’s stock price history shows 9 stock splits since the IPO. The last McDonald’s stock split, which took place in August 1999, was done at a ratio of 2:1. In addition, investors should note that currently, available information does not indicate that McDonald’s plans to conduct another stock split soon.
McDonald’s Stock Price Prediction
Below, we will look at analysts’ forecasts for McDonald’s stock price.
- First, we note that McDonald’s is one of the most followed stocks on Wall Street, with 22 professional analysts regularly sharing their target for McDonald’s stock price.
- Of those, a whopping 19 recommend their clients buy the stock. There are also 3 who display a neutral opinion. None advise selling.
- In terms of its analysts’ price target for McDonald’s stock, the average stands at $275.
- Investors should also note that the analysts’ price target range for McDonald’s stock is $255 to $306.
How to Buy MCD Stock Today
To to bet on the MCD stock price, you need to first select a reliable broker through which to place your MCD buy orders. ZFX is one of them, and you can open an account with this broker in a few easy steps.
ZFX provides its clients with many benefits. For example, it offers the MT4 trading platform, the most widely used platform globally. This broker also offers many assets such as stocks, indices, forex and commodities, all at competitive fees. You can open a ZFX account in just a few simple steps, as we will now explain.
How to Buy McDonald’s Stock Easily: A Simple Tutorial
Buying McDonald’s stock from ZFX broker is a quick and easy process. Note that, with ZFX, you will be using the MT4 platform to trade McDonald’s shares and all the other stocks you want.
1 – Register with ZFX
You will need to go to the ZFX website homepage and click on “Open an account” for this first step. A registration form will appear. You will need to enter several personal details, as shown in the image below.
It will also be necessary to verify your phone number via SMS. You will then have to choose your account type, and accept the general and privacy policies
After completing and validating the form, you will be able to download the MT4 platform immediately. You will also be provided with your MT4 login and password, which will allow you to access MetaTrader 4.
2 – Make your first deposit
To deposit money into your ZFX account, you will need to click on “Make a deposit” on the screen displayed immediately after registration. You will then need to choose a payment method. Let’s take Mastercard as an example:
You will need to enter the amount to be deposited and then click the “Confirm Deposit” button on this screen. You will then need to enter your credit card information before the final validation of the payment.
3 – Account verification
The final step before you can purchase the McDonald’s stock is to verify your account. To do this, you will need to submit supporting documents online, as shown below:
4 – Invest in McDonald’s stock at its current price
Once your documents are validated, you will then be ready to buy McDonald’s stock. To do so, download the MT4 platform using the link provided by ZFX. Once it’s installed on your device, login using your MT4 username and password. You can then access the whole ZFX catalog of assets, and choose the MCD stock. You then just need to set up your purchase and click on Buy to confirm your investment.
To Buy or Not to Buy McDonald’s?
In the section below, we will look at the main factors that should motivate investors to take a bullish bet on the McDonald’s stock price.
The covid-19 pandemic has allowed McDonald’s to reinvent itself
In the face of the covid-19 pandemic, which forced McDonald’s to close its restaurants overnight worldwide, the company has been very reactive by developing its online sales, deliveries, and takeaway sales. In fact, the latest quarterly results showed that online sales are generating the largest share of growth. Thus, McDonald’s can be considered to have emerged much stronger from the covid-19 pandemic.
The reopening of the economy should further benefit McDonald’s stock price
While travel restrictions and confinements related to the pandemic have eased worldwide, the return to normalcy is still far from complete and widespread. In other words, McDonald’s stock price per share should still benefit from the gradual return to normalcy of its restaurants, in addition to continuing to benefit from the growth in online sales.
McDonald’s stock price performance is boosted by a strong dividend
Finally, investors should note that those who invest in the McDonald’s stock price also receive a solid dividend yield of 2.2% per year, which is higher than the average dividend yield of stocks in the restaurant sector to which McDonald’s belongs. Investing in McDonald’s share price is, therefore, a wise idea for income-oriented investors.
Things to Know About the McDonald’s Stock Price Before You Invest
Below are several tips to help investors get started with the McDonald’s share price in the best possible way.
- Study Quarterly Earnings Carefully: Every stock investor should carefully study the quarterly earnings releases of their companies in their portfolio. Those who invest in the stock price of McDonald’s should therefore study the company’s financial results every quarter, in order to assess the business’ outlook and financial health.
- Track consumer statistics: McDonald’s is one of the busiest restaurant chains in the United States. As such, there is a correlation between McDonald’s sales and overall US consumer statistics. Therefore, it may be worthwhile for those investing in the McDonald’s stock price to closely monitor US consumer statistics consumers, such as monthly retail sales.
- Choose a good broker: To invest confidently and safely, you will need to choose a reliable broker. In particular, you should ensure that your broker is regulated and that it offers a pleasant and efficient platform for performing complex analyses. Note that the ZFX checks all these boxes and more.
- Don’t forget diversification: Although many factors point to a rise in the McDonald’s stock price, this doesn’t mean that you should invest all your capital in this one stock. In fact, you should make sure that you build up a diversified portfolio that will allow you to avoid losing too much money in the event of an isolated accident in one of the stocks in your portfolio.
- Keep a trading journal: Finally, for those who wish to actively trade the McDonald’s stock price, for example through day-trading, you should keep a trading journal to lists all your positions, their parameters and their motivation. A trading journal will allow you to analyze your successes and failures, and draw conclusions to improve your trading decisions.
Bottom Line: What to Expect from the McDonald’s Stock Price?
The strong upward trend in McDonald’s share value and the string of new highs in 2021 have prompted many investors to bet on this stock. In addition, several technical and fundamental factors, as well as advice from professional analysts, point to a bullish future for McDonald’s stock price. On top of that, investing in the price of MCD stock also allows you to earn a comfortable dividend.
If you wish to invest in McDonald’s shares today, you can do so easily via the online broker ZFX. This regulated broker that offers its clients the famous MT4 trading platform is indeed, in our opinion, the most suitable intermediary to invest in the price of McDonald’s shares.