Johnson & Johnson Stock Price – JNJ Today, History, Prediction
Many traders have decided to invest in Johnson & Johnson stock price lately, knowing that it is a leading manufacturer of covid-19 vaccine. In this analysis, we will look at the current environment for JNJ stock price. We will also analyze the JNJ historical stock price and price forecasts. Finally, we will show you how to start trading Johnson & Johnson stock easily and safely.
Johnson & Johnson Stock Price Chart Today
Johnson & Johnson Stock Price History
This section will look at the historical evolution of Johnson & Johnson stock price and the various transactions, such as stock splits that have taken place since the IPO.
Johnson & Johnson stock price historical trends
The long-term chart of Johnson & Johnson stock price allows us to divide the stock's recent history into several distinct phases.
From the mid-1990s through April 2002, Johnson & Johnson stock price followed an obvious upward trend, rising from about $10 to a high of $65. After that, Johnson & Johnson stock price followed a broadly sideways trend between the $50 and $70 mark for 10 years until June 2012. From that point on, JNJ stock price followed a powerful uptrend that we are still in today.
Indeed, the Johnson and Johnson stock price history chart, and especially the weekly charts, show very clearly an underlying uptrend. The share price hit an all-time high of $180 in the summer of 2021, thanks in part to the success of its covid-19 vaccine. However, following that record, the stock price Johnson & Johnson posted a significant correction.
Knowing that Johnson & Johnson remains a leading provider of covid-19 vaccine, there is good reason to believe that this uptrend will become even more pronounced. In this context, the all-time high of $180 and the psychological threshold of $200 seem to be the most obvious targets.
Johnson & Johnson Stock Price Splits
Sometimes, a company decides to reduce the unit value of its shares. This is especially common when the company has made significant progress, and the company is afraid that a too high price will scare away investors. In that case, a so-called stock split is necessary. For example, for a stock worth $1,000, a 10-for-1 stock split will replace the $1,000 stock with 10 new shares worth $100 each.
In the case of JNJ, there has been 6 stock splits in the Johnson and Johnson stock price history. The first two, in 1970 and 1981, were 3-for-1 stock splits. The next ones, in 1989, 1992, 1996, and 2001, were 2:1. To date, there is no information available to predict a new Johnson & Johnson stock price split.
Johnson & Johnson Stock Price Prediction
In this section, we will look at the predictions of professional bank analysts regarding the price of Johnson & Johnson stock.
- First of all, we will note that banks display a strong buy rating. Indeed, we can count five analysts who recommend buying the stock and one who recommends holding it, while none recommends selling.
- The average price target for Johnson & Johnson stock from these analysts is $196.
- Investors should also note that the range of analyst forecasts is $178 to $215. With a target price of $215 for Johnson & Johnson, the potential gain is more than 32%.
- Finally, it is interesting to note that the very prestigious Goldman Sachs bank targets $201, which implies a potential upside of almost 25%.
How Can I Buy JNJ Stock Today?
In order to buy JNJ stock at its price today, you first need to choose a reliable trading broker. It can difficult to make the right choice, with so many broker options on the market today. You need to base your decision on factors including regulation, the trading platform offered, the tools provided and the variety of products available. With this in mind, one of the best one to buy Johnson & Johnson stock is the broker ZFX.
ZFX provides its clients with the MT4 trading platform, which is the most widely used globally thanks to its many advantages in terms of technical analysis and automated trading. It is a highly regulated broker which also offers you many free tools to keep practicing and learning about investing. Finally, it is worth noting that ZFX will allow you to trade stocks, indices, forex and commodities.
How to Buy Johnson & Johnson Stock Easily?
Buying Johnson & Johnson stock from ZFX broker is a quick and easy process. In fact, you will be able to open an online account in just a few minutes by following these steps.
1 - Register with ZFX
You will need to go to the ZFX website homepage and click on "Open an account" for this first step. A registration form will appear, where you will need to enter several personal details, as shown in the image below.
It will also be necessary to verify your phone number via SMS. You will then have to choose your account type, and accept the general and privacy policies
After completing and validating the form, you will be able to download the MT4 platform. Note that this is the platform you’ll use to trade JNJ stock, so make sure you download it and keep note of your MT4 login and password which ZFX will send to you.
2 - Make your first deposit
To deposit money into your ZFX account, you will need to click the "make a deposit" button. You will find it on the screen displayed immediately after registration. You will then be asked to choose a payment method. Let's take Mastercard as an example:
You will be asked to enter the amount to be deposited and then click the "Confirm Deposit" button on this screen. You will then need to enter your credit card information before the final validation of the payment.
3 - Account verification
The final step before you can purchase the Johnson & Johnson stock is to verify your account. To do this, you will need to submit supporting documents online, as shown below:
4 – Invest in Johnson & Johnson stock at current price
Once your documents are validated, you will then be ready to trade Johnson & Johnson stock. To proceed, install the MT4 platform and sign in by using your MT4 login details. Once you access the platform, you can find the Johnson and Johnson stock under its symbol ‘JNJ’. You can then invest under the conditions that suit you.
To Buy or Not to Buy Johnson & Johnson?
Below we will detail the main bullish factors for Johnson and Johnson stock price.
Johnson & Johnson, a leading supplier of Covid-19 vaccine
Johnson & Johnson has been in the spotlight since 2020 as one of the leading manufacturers of Covid-19 vaccine. However, a significant proportion of the world's population still needs to be vaccinated. This should benefit Johnson and Johnson stock price per share, especially because the company produces one of the most convenient vaccines, requiring only one dose and conventional refrigeration.
A highly diversified business
In addition to the covid-19 vaccine, Johnson & Johnson markets and develops hundreds of other vaccines and medical treatments of all kinds. Johnson & Johnson is indeed a highly diversified pharmaceutical giant. This makes Johnson & Johnson stock an ideal stock bet for those who want to invest in the pharmaceutical sector, without buying riskier biotech stocks.
JNJ stock price performance is boosted by a strong dividend
Finally, it is worth noting that investing in Johnson & Johnson stock price comes with a solid dividend. Indeed, JNJ stock pays a dividend corresponding to a yield of 2.6%. This dividend makes Johnson & Johnson stock an attractive long-term investment.
Things to Know About Johnson & Johnson Stock Price Before You Invest
This section will provide you with several tips that should get you started trading the Johnson & Johnson stock price in the best possible conditions.
- Follow the covid-19-related news: Knowing that Johnson & Johnson is one of the main manufacturers of covid-19 vaccine, it is essential to follow the development of the pandemic and the spread of the vaccine worldwide. Indeed Johnson & Johnson's covid-19 vaccines are expected to continue to be in high demand.
- Stay informed about medicine development: It is also important to stay informed about Johnson & Johnson's medicine R&D. Indeed, positive clinical trials or new drug or vaccine launches are often opportunities to see Johnson & Johnson stock price rise.
- Study the company's financial results: As with all stocks, those investing in Johnson & Johnson stock price should closely study its quarterly financial results. They provide information about the company's business performance and financial health. In addition, better-than-expected results, which are common for Johnson & Johnson, are often an opportunity to see the stock price rise.
- Choosing a reputable broker: To invest in the Johnson & Johnson stock price in the best conditions, you should make sure that you choose a reliable and regulated broker. It is also essential to choose a broker that offers a trading platform and enough assets to diversify your portfolio. ZFX is a good example of such a broker.
- Define a trading strategy: Finally, if your goal is to trade Johnson & Johnson stock in the short term, you will need to build a trading strategy. To do this, you will first need to learn the basics of technical analysis. Then, you will need to test and practice on a demo account with virtual capital. This will prevent you from losing money while learning.
Bottom Line: What Can We Expect from the Johnson & Johnson Stock?
Betting on the Johnson and Johnson stock price is an obvious choice for many investors. Indeed, it is one of the leading manufacturers of covid-19 vaccine, and the pandemic is still far from over. This is confirmed by looking at analysts' price target for Johnson & Johnson stock. Indeed, most banks recommend that their clients to buy the stock and display an average target implying a solid bullish potential.
If you, too, would like to take advantage of Johnson & Johnson's bullish potential, we recommend that you take a close look at the online broker ZFX. ZFX is a regulated broker that offers a very efficient platform and will allow you to start trading the JNJ stock price quickly and easily.