Verizon Stock Price – VZ Price Today, History, Prediction
Investors worldwide bet on the Verizon stock price, one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world. It is indeed a stock that displays many strengths, including several factors that indicate the Verizon stock price can still rise. In this analysis, we will look at enough different factors that can influence the Verizon share value. We will also study its history and forecasts. Finally, we will show you how to start investing in the V stock price today.
Verizon Stock Price Chart Today
Verizon Stock Price History
Below, we will describe in more detail the Verizon share price history over the past few decades. We will also look at the history of the Verizon stock price split.
Verizon stock price historical trends
Since its Initial Public Offering in the mid-1980s, Verizon stock price history has shown a strong upward trend. It rose from about $8 in 1985 to an all-time high of $64 in October 1999, increasing 700% in about 15 years.
Following this peak, the stock price for Verizon began a correction that was brutally accelerated by the Internet bubble bursting. In July 2002, the price reached a low of $24, having lost more than 62% of its value in about three years.
Following this drop, Verizon stock price showed a hesitant trend for several years. After starting from the long-term support of $24 in 2010, Verizon stock price per share then started the uptrend in which it still finds itself today. It is also worth noting that V stock price got corrected in 2021, but has not challenged its long-term uptrend.
Verizon stock price splits
At times, rising stock values may prompt companies to want to reduce their unit price, without diluting capital. In this case, companies practice what is called a stock split. For example, for a stock worth $10, a 2-for-1 stock split replaces that stock with two new shares worth $5 each.
As far as the Verizon stock price is concerned, investors should note that it has undergone 3 stock splits in its history. The first one took place in April 1986 and the last one in 1990. Each time the ratio of Verizon stock split was two to one.
V Stock Price Prediction
Let’s look at Verizon stock price predictions by studying analysts’ Verizon stock price target.
- We will first note that there are currently 7 professional analysts who regularly share their predictions for Verizon stock value.
- Among them, 2 analysts recommend buying, and 5 post a neutral opinion. So, none recommend selling, which is reassuring.
- The analysts’ Verizon stock price target averages $59.43, implying a potential upside of more than 12% from the current stock price. However, traders should note that analysts’ targets for the stock price for Verizon range is $55 to $71.
Where Can I Buy VZ Stock Today?
You can buy Verizon stock through an online trading broker. This is the most easy and quick way to start investing, especially for beginners. However, it can be difficult to select a broker, with so many offers on the market. You should be sure to choose a broker which will allow you to bet on the Verizon stock price safely and efficiently, such as ZFX. This is a highly regulated broker which provides all the tools you need to trade in the right conditions.
ZFX provides its clients with the MT4, the most popular and widely used trading platform globally. It also allows you to practice with a free demo account and provides many learning resources and a wide range of assets. With ZFX, you can trade stocks, indices, forex and commodities and it only takes a few simple steps to get started.
How to Buy Verizon Stock Easily?
Buying Verizon stock from ZFX is a quick and easy process. In fact, you will be able to open an online account in just a few minutes by following this tutorial.
1 – Register with ZFX
You will need to go to the ZFX website homepage and click on “Open an account” for this first step. A registration form appears. Here, simply enter several personal details, as shown below.
It will also be necessary to verify your phone number via SMS. Then, choose your account type, and accept the general and privacy policies.
After completing and validating the form, you will be able to download the MT4 platform. ZFX will display your MT4 username and password, which you need to take note of for later.
2 – Make your first deposit
You can now deposit money into your ZFX account. To proceed, click on “Make a deposit” on the screen displayed immediately after registration. You will then be asked to choose a payment method – bank transfer or credit card.
Enter the amount you want to deposit, then click on “Confirm Deposit”. You will then need to enter your credit card or bank account information, before the final validation of the payment.
3 – Account verification
The final step before you can purchase the Verizon stock is to verify your account. To do this, you will need to submit supporting documents online, as shown below.
4 – Invest in Verizon stock at current price
Once your documents are validated, you will then be ready to buy Verizon stock. To proceed, download the MT4 platform, and login using the MT4 details that ZFX sent you in the step 1.
Once you are logged into the platform, you can select VZ stock. Finish up by choosing your trading settings for this trade, then confirm your investment by clicking on the Buy button.
To Buy or Not to Buy Verizon?
To answer this, let’s look at the main arguments causing many investors to bet on the Verizon stock price.
Verizon stock is one of the best bets on 5G technology
Investing in the Verizon stock price is a bet not only on the Verizon group, but also on the potential of 5G technology. As a telecom operator that has invested billions of dollars in deploying 5G infrastructure, Verizon is at the forefront of taking advantage of the revolutions promised by this technology. Indeed, 5G will enable new industries, such as autonomous driving or augmented reality. Yet, Verizon will provide the infrastructure through which the data will travel in many cases.
Verizon offers a solid dividend stock price
Many investors take interest in Verizon more because of its dividend than because of Verizon stock price potential to rise. Indeed, the dividend paid to Verizon stockholders currently equates to a yield of nearly 5%. In addition, Verizon has steadily increased its dividend over the past 25 years and is expected to continue doing so. This dividend makes Verizon stock particularly suitable for long-term investments.
A particularly attractive valuation
Verizon stock price is known to be undervalued in the market. Verizon 5G stock price has a P/E ratio of 11, which is one of the lowest ratios in the industry. For comparison, T-Mobile’s P/E ratio is 38. This makes V stock price per share particularly affordable.
Verizon stock price is in a favorable technical situation
On the long-term Verizon stock price charts, we see an uptrend line that has been extending since 2010. However, a correction in the stock price Verizon over 2021 brought the stock back into contact with this uptrend line. This context suggests that V stock price could start to rise again from current prices by building on this uptrend line.
Things to Know About the Verizon Stock Price Before You Invest
Below are a few tips to help you get the most out of your Verizon stock price investment.
- Follow the rollout of the 5G network and its applications. As explained above, many people invest in Verizon stock price as a 5G stock bet. Because of this, when investing in Verizon share price, it’s essential to follow the rollout of 5G networks and the development of new technologies enabled by these new types of networks.
- Choose a good broker. This is a crucial point in order to succeed in investing. In particular, you should select a secure and regulated broker. You also must choose a broker that offers a trading platform that includes all the features you need, and that also can help you diversify your portfolio at reasonable fees. ZFX fulfils all these criteria and many more, making it a great choice to bet on the VZ price.
- Follow Verizon news and results. Obviously, those who invest in the Verizon 5G stock price should follow the company’s news closely. In particular, one should pay close attention to the quarterly earnings releases, which provide a lot of details about the company’s business. It is also worthwhile to look at other types of information about Verizon stock, such as bank recommendations and analyses.
- If you’re not planning on investing for the long term, but rather trading the Verizon communication stock price for the short term, then learning the basics of technical analysis is essential. Technical analysis will indeed allow you to analyse trends, find trading signals, and determine important price levels on which you can position your targets.
- Diversify your investments. You should not forget that you should never put all your eggs in one basket. Diversification means that you should not invest too much of your capital in Verizon stock alone. Instead, you should make sure that you build up a diversified basket of several stocks from various sectors.
Bottom Line: What Can We Expect from the Verizon Stock Price?
Investing in the Verizon stock price makes sense to many traders. V stock price is indeed particularly attractive, especially when compared to its competitors. Furthermore, Verizon is one of the best stock bets to take advantage of 5G technology. We’ve also seen in this guide that analysts are posting bullish forecasts for stock price. Furthermore, the company’s stock price performance is boosted by a solid dividend.
If you, too, would like to take advantage of the various benefits of investing in Verizon’s share price, you can start trading VZ today with the online broker ZFX today. ZFX is a regulated broker that offers the popular MT4 platform, offers competitive fees and many other advantages.