Wells Fargo Stock Price – WFC Price Today, History, Prediction
Betting on the Wells Fargo stock price is a popular move for investors who want to gain exposure to the financial sector, especially since Wells Fargo is one of the largest banks in the United States. In this analysis, we will analyse the Wells Fargo share price today as well as its history and forecasts. We will also show you how to trade WFC stock easily.
Wells Fargo Stock Price Chart Today
Wells Fargo Stock Price History
Let’s take a closer look at the Wells Fargo stock price history over the past few decades.
Wells Fargo Historical stock price trends
Wells Fargo is quoted on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:WFC). Up until the year 2000, the Wells Fargo share price increased steadily, rising from around $0.90 per share in 1982, to above $23 pre share at the end of 1999.
While in the early 2000s, the Wells Fargo stock price was around 20 dollars, it peaked in 2008 at over $44, after more than doubling in value in 8 years. Following this peak, the financial crisis of 2008 brought violent turbulence to the Wells Fargo stock price, which fell to a low of under $8 in March 2009.
However, despite this real collapse, WFC stock price was able to post a robust rebound for nearly 10 years, to an all-time high of over $66 in January 2018. Unfortunately, the Wells Fargo bank stock price started a correction after that ATH, which was brutally accelerated in 2020 with the coronavirus pandemic, which took the Wells Fargo stock price from around $55 to a low near $20 in November 2020 within a few months.
Since then, Wells Fargo stock price was again in a strong uptrend that lasted for over a year. The entry into a new long-term uptrend for the stock price Wells Fargo has been confirmed in particular by the crossing of the 100 and 200 months moving averages since mid-2021.
Wells Fargo Stock Price Splits
Sometimes, the long-term increase in share price leads companies to proceed to stock splits, which allow dividing the unit value of the shares, without modifying the company’s market capitalization. For example, in a 3-for-1 stock split, a share worth $30 is transformed into three shares worth $10 each.
As far as the Wells Fargo stock is concerned, it has undergone 6 stock splits in its history. The first one took place in July 1988 for a ratio of 3 to 2. As for the last Wells Fargo stock price split to date took place in August 2006 at a ratio of 2 to 1.
Wells Fargo Stock Price Forecast
In this section, we will look at the Wells Fargo stock price forecast from professional analysts.
- First, we will note that there are currently 11 analysts who regularly provide Wells Fargo stock price target. Six have a bullish view and recommend their clients buy Wells Fargo stock. There are also five that recommend holding the stock. Reassuringly, no analysts have a bearish Wells Fargo stock price forecast.
- As for the average analysts’ Wells Fargo share price target, it’s close to $52, which is more or less the current stock price. However, we can note that some analysts are more optimistic than others.
- For example, the well-known investment bank UBS has a Wells Fargo stock price target of $60. This implies a potential upside of more than 16% from current Wells Fargo stock price.
Where Can I Buy WFC Stock Today?
You will be able to buy Wells Fargo stocks through an online broker, which is the easiest solution for most traders. However, it can be difficult to choose your online broker, as there are so many.
You need to make sure your broker of choice includes the following criteria: high regulation, competitive fees, a wide range of assets and the tools you need in order to keep learning and trade confidently. ZFX is a broker which fulfils these criteria and more.
ZFX provides its clients with the MT4 trading platform, which is the most widely used globally thanks to its many advantages in terms of technical analysis and automated trading. You can find on ZFX a free demo account, plenty of market outlook and more. Finally, it is worth noting that ZFX offers its clients to trade stocks, indices, forex and commodities so you can diversify your portfolio with ease.
How to Buy Wells Fargo Stock Easily?
Buying Wells Fargo stock from ZFX broker is a quick and easy process. In fact, you will be able to open an online account in just a few minutes by following these steps.
1 – Register with ZFX
You will need to go to the ZFX website homepage and click on the “Open an account” button for this first step. A registration form will appear. You will need to enter several personal details, as shown in the image below.
It will also be necessary to verify your phone number via SMS. You will then have to choose your account type, and accept the general and privacy policies.
You will then be able to download the MT4 platform immediately. This is the platform you will use to trade WFC. You’ll be able to access MT4 using the MT4 login and password which ZFX will display as on the screen above.
2 – Make your first deposit
To deposit money into your ZFX account, you will need to click the “Make a deposit” button. You will find this on the screen displayed immediately after registration. You will then need to choose a payment method. Let’s take Mastercard as an example:
Then, enter the amount to be deposited and then click the “Confirm Deposit” button on this screen. You will then need to enter your credit card information before the final validation of the payment.
3 – Account verification
The final step before you can purchase the Wells Fargo stock is to verify your account. To do this, you will need to submit supporting documents online, as shown below:
4 – Invest in Wells Fargo stock at current price
Once your documents are validated, you will then be ready to buy Wells Fargo stock. As mentioned, you need to download MT4 and access it with your login details provided by ZFX. When logged in, you will be able to select WFC stock and invest as you wish.
To Buy or Not to Buy Wells Fargo?
This section will look at the main factors that lead many investors to believe that the Wells Fargo stock price will rise.
The banking industry will take off thanks to rising rates
The profitability of banks depends mainly on the level of Fed interest rates. Rates have been at record lows for several years. However, the rebound of the economy and the progression of inflation should lead the Fed to start raising its rates in 2022. As a result, analysts expect the profitability of banks and their share prices to rise. This is a bullish factor for the Wells Fargo stock price.
A dividend can boost Wells Fargo stock price performance
Many investors are interested in Wells Fargo stock more because of its dividend than because of the stock’s upside potential. Indeed, Wells Fargo stock pays a dividend that equates to just under 2% yield. In addition, with the economy rebounding and interest rates rising in the future, Wells Fargo will have room to increase this dividend in the coming years.
Wells Fargo share price is in a favourable technical situation
The current environment favours a bullish bet on the WFC stock price. Indeed, after a downtrend of about 2 years, the Wells Fargo stock price has rebounded sharply and has recently sent technical confirmations that a new long-term uptrend has started in 2021. As such, the current chart environment may be an ideal bet on the Wells Fargo share price.
Things to Know about the Wells Fargo Stock Price before you Invest
Below, we will provide you with some tips that should get you started on investing in the Wells Fargo bank stock price in the best possible conditions.
- Follow the Fed’s rate hike expectations: A banks’ profitability depends a lot on the level of interest rates. So traders betting on the stock price Wells Fargo, or other bank stocks, should monitor the market’s expectations for Fed rates. Simply put, if the market anticipates a rate hike, that’s a bullish factor for the Wells Fargo stock value and vice versa.
- Don’t forget diversification: No matter how strong your believe in a stock, never skip out on diversification. This means that you should not invest all of your capital in Wells Fargo stock. Instead, it will be better to choose a basket of a few select stocks in various sectors.
- Learn the basics of technical analysis: This is essential if you are not planning to invest for the long term but rather to profit from short-term fluctuations in the Wells Fargo stock price through day trading. Based solely on the Wells Fargo stock price charts, technical analysis will allow you to analyse the trend, obtain trading signals, and determine where to position your objectives.
- Choose a good broker: It is essential to choose a broker that offers a powerful, reliable and regulated platform. As seen above, ZFX is a broker which meets these criteria.
- Stay informed about Wells Fargo news: Finally, as is the case for all major stocks, Wells Fargo news is plentiful. It is therefore important to closely follow the company’s different announcements regarding its strategy or its financial results.
Bottom Line: What Can We Expect from the Wells Fargo Stock Price?
There are many different reasons to believe that the Wells Fargo stock price will rise, especially in the medium and long term. We have seen that the economic context is moving towards an environment favorable to the Wells Fargo stock price rise. In addition, professional banking analysts are overwhelmingly bullish on Wells Fargo stock.
Would like to take advantage of Wells Fargo stock’s bullish potential, or its dividend? If so, we recommend that you take a close look at online broker ZFX. This is a regulated broker that offers the world’s most successful and popular MT4 trading platform. It is also a broker that charges competitive fees, in addition to many other strong points.