Alphabet Stock Price – GOOG Price Chart, History, Prediction
Betting on the Alphabet stock price is an obvious choice for many investors, as it is one of the most influential companies in the world, and its stock market performance since its IPO has been exemplary. This guide will analyse the historical evolution of the Alphabet Inc. stock price, as well as its forecasts. Finally, we’ll show you how to buy Alphabet stock easily.
Alphabet Stock Price Chart Today
Alphabet Stock Price History
This section will take a closer look at the historical evolution of the Alphabet stock price, identifying the significant milestones and the extremes reached by the Alphabet stock price.
Alphabet Stock Price Historical Trends
Alphabet stock was first listed in 2004 and has generally been on an upward trend throughout its history, as seen on the long-term Alphabet stock price charts.
The first phase of the Alphabet stock price increase extended from 2004, when the stock was worth about $45, until November 2007, when the Alphabet stock price peaked at $373. During this period, Alphabet stock price increased by 728% in 3 years.
From November 2007 to November 2008, the Google Alphabet stock price then experienced a correction that brought it down to a low of $123. The stock price Alphabet was thus almost divided by 3 in 1 year. This fall has been the most significant correction phase that the Alphabet share has experienced in its history.
It is also interesting to note that the upward trend in the Alphabet Inc stock price seemed to accelerate significantly after the initial negative impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Indeed, the stock price rebounded strongly from the $1,000 support in March 2020, such that the stock marked a record high near $3,000 in September 2021, up nearly 200% in a year and a half.
Alphabet Stock Price Splits
Stock splits are operations in which the price of shares is divided by two, three, or even more. There are purely accounting procedure that is not supposed to impact the trend of the stocks.
From the beginning of the Alphabet stock price history, only one stock split has been recorded. It took place in March 2014 at a ratio of 2 to 1. Since then, no other Alphabet stock split has been recorded. There is also no concrete information available to suggest that the company is considering another split, despite the high unit value of its shares.
Alphabet Stock Price Prediction
Let’s look at professional analysts’ predictions for Google Alphabet stock price:
- There are currently no less than 29 professional analysts from banks who follow Alphabet stock and make predictions for Alphabet stock price.
- Interestingly, all of these 29 analysts recommend buying the Alphabet stock.
- The average analyst’s 12-month Alphabet stock target price, slightly above $3,200, implies a potential upside of nearly 17% for the Alphabet stock price.
- We also note that analysts’ forecasts for GOOG stock price range from $3,000 to $3,600.
- Note that a $3,600 Alphabet stock price target implies a potential upside of over 30% from the current price.
How Can I Buy GOOG Stock at Today’s Price?
In order to buy Alphabet stock or any other financial asset, you first need to choose an online broker, though which you’ll open a trading account. The broker of your choice should always be regulated, allow you to diversify your portfolio, as well as offering you competitive fees. The broker ZFX fulfils all these criteria and more.
ZFX also provides the MT4 trading platform, which is the most widely used globally thanks to its many advantages in terms of technical analysis and automated trading. Finally, it is worth noting that ZFX offers its clients to trade stocks, indices, forex and commodities.
How to Buy Alphabet Stock Easily?
Buying Alphabet stock from ZFX broker is a quick and easy process. In fact, you will be able to open an online account in just a few minutes by following these steps.
1 – Register with ZFX
Start by going to the ZFX website homepage and click on “Open an account”. A registration form will appear. Enter several personal details, as shown in the image below.
It will also be necessary to verify your phone number via SMS. You will then have to choose your account type, and accept the general and privacy policies.
After completing and validating the form, you will be able to download the MT4 platform immediately. You will need to download MT4 and use your associated logins to start trading.
2 – Make your first deposit
To deposit money into your ZFX account, click the “make a deposit” button on the screen displayed immediately after registration. Then, you’ll need to choose a payment method.
You will then need to enter the amount deposit. Then, click the “Confirm Deposit” button on this screen. You will then need to enter your credit card information before the final validation of the payment.
3 – Account verification
The final step before you can purchase the Alphabet stock is to verify your account. To do this, you will need to submit supporting documents online, as shown below:
4– Invest in Alphabet stock at current price
Once your documents are validated, you will then be ready to buy Alphabet stock. Download MT4 on your device, then access the platform using your logins provided during step 1. Once you are logged in, you will be able to invest in GOOG and many other assets as you wish.
To Buy or Not to Buy Alphabet Stock at Today’s Price
Below we will review the main arguments that invite investors to bet on Alphabet stock price.
World leader in Internet advertising
Through its internet properties such as the Google search engine, the Chrome browser or the YouTube website, Alphabet is undoubtedly the world leader in internet advertising. This activity represents the central part of its revenues.
Betting on the Alphabet inc. stock price is thus the safest choice for investors who wish to bet on the growth of Internet advertising. And as the coronavirus pandemic has accelerated the digitalization of the economy, which promises exciting prospects for Google’s activities.
Increasingly diversified activities
Although Alphabet’s financial results remain highly dependent on Internet advertising, investors should note that the company has begun to diversify in many areas. Indeed, Alphabet has invested in artificial intelligence or autonomous driving technologies, which ensures development prospects well beyond its core business.
The Alphabet stock price trend is clearly upward
The long-term charts of the Alphabet C stock price show that the trend is upwards. Moreover, this positive trend is not showing any signs of weakness at the moment. And the trend is so strongly positive that the Alphabet Google stock price could correct significantly without calling into question the long-term uptrend.
A dividend could soon boost Alphabet stock price
Alphabet shares do not currently pay a dividend. However, given its healthy finances, especially in terms of cash flow, many analysts believe GOOG stock will pay a dividend soon. If Alphabet announces its intention to pay a dividend, income investors will probably flock to the stock, and this should drive up its price by more than the dividend amount.
Things to Know about GOOG Stock Price Before you Invest
Below are a few tips that should help you start investing in the Alphabet Google stock price in the best possible way.
- Follow the Alphabet news closely: Alphabet is a huge technology company that generates particularly dense news. Indeed, announcements of new products, research, and new developments are very frequent, and updates regarding financial results and business performance are regularly published. Therefore, any trader interested in the Alphabet stock needs to follow its news closely via a real-time information source.
- Choose a good broker: It is essential to choose a broker that is regulated, reliable, and offers a user-friendly platform. ZFX is an optimal choice as it fits these criteria and more.
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket: Long-term trends for Alphabet stock price are reassuring, but it is essential to remember that a stock’s past performance cannot be used to predict future performance. Therefore, remain cautious and don’t bet all your capital on the Alphabet share. In fact, it would be better to build up a basket of a few stocks, to diversify the investment risk.
- Learn technical analysis, especially if your goal is not to invest for the long term but rather to take advantage of short-term fluctuations in the Alphabet stock price. This discipline is based solely on the study of charts. As such, it allows you to study trends, determine entry points and targets.
Bottom Line: What Can We Expect from the Alphabet Stock Price?
Alphabet stock has rewarded its investors generously over the years. Indeed, major correction phases have been rare in the stock price history. Moreover, the GOOG price forecasts indicate a continuous rise for Alphabet Google stock price in the short, medium, and long term.
Do you think that the Alphabet stock could be an ideal addition to your investment portfolio? If so, you can start investing in GOOG shares thanks to the online broker ZFX today. This regulated broker offers the popular MT4 platform, offers competitive fees and will allow to trade many popular financial assets.